ROGERS High Fidelity KWM-88 CORONA Integrated Amplifier
- Made In The USA – Hand built to the most exacting specifications in our New York Facility. All amplifiers are fully evaluated and acceptance tested using the best audio test equipment made by Audio Precision. We perform all of the tests required to assure optimal performance and many more to characterize each amplifier. Each amplifier is shipped with a fully evaluated test data package so that the customer can see how their particular unit performed after acceptance.
- Transferrable Lifetime Limited Warranty – Our products are guaranteed FOR LIFE. This industry platinum standard warranty is transferrable upon re-sale through one of our factory authorized dealerships.
- Completely Hand Wired – The entire amplifier is wired by hand using all American labor in NY. The analog audio channels are all discrete components and all point to point. This provides a lifetime of serviceability and reliability. All of the wiring and soldering meets the Military Standard 2000 requirements. All assembly operators are trained to this standard. The IOS control system, which contains 3 on-board processors, is assembled on 3 multiplayer boards also in the USA.
- Aerospace Specifications – All of our resistors, capacitors, transformers and inductive components meet or exceed the applicable military quality standards for parts selection. We use the same parts used by NASA in the Shuttle and Space Station equipment and the US Navy to build the AEGIS Cruisers.
- Power Supply – The linear power supply utilizes a toroidal power transformer. This transformer weighs 30 lbs alone and because of the toroid design, has zero mechanical noise and extremely low magnetic flux noise. The overall power supply is rated at 1800 watts providing for 200 watts of peak output power. This yields better than a 4 to 1 power ratio for ultimate headroom and transient response.
- Aviation Grade Chassis – The entire amplifier chassis is manufactured using aviation grade aluminum with a mutiphase powdercoat and clear coat finish. The amplifier finish is absolutely beautiful and bulletproof! The front panels are machined from solid blocks of aviation grade aluminum. The entire amplifier is assembled using Military Standard stainless steel hardware for ultimate reliability and a lifetime of trouble free service. All hardware is meticulously staked using an aerospace coating to eliminate any hardware failures over time through vibration, shipping or movement. This is an assembly process honed over many years of satellite manufacturing and assembly where re-tightening hardware can’t happen. We use aviation grade aluminum to guarantee an extremely long product lifetime regardless of the environment.
- Internal Wiring – The entire amplifier is wired using 18 gauge Military Standard 16878 teflon coated, silverplated copper wire. This is the same wire used for the Navy’s Aegis Cruisers! Heat is the enemy of amplifier reliability. Because this is a Class A design, there is some heating of the unit which could cause PVC wire to age and degrade over time. Our teflon-silver wire never ages. The teflon coating will last a lifetime. The interior of your amplifier will look the same in 10 years as it looks coming off of the production line. The amplifier is designed using all 18 gauge wire to provide many times more current density capity than can be achieved using printed wire boards or lower quality wiring.
- Auto Bias – The Corona uses a unique Self Bias circuit for adjustment free operation and the longest tube life. The Customer NEVER needs to adjust tube bias. As the tubes age, they adjust for bias changes automatically. The customer can change tubes at any time or replace a single tube rather than the full set of 4 and the amp will automatically re-bias for the change. The tubes are also protected by a patent pending processor that monitors tube bias and displays the status on both the front panel screen as well at the App control. This circuit protects both the tubes and the amplifier by continuously measuring the bias voltage and comparing it to a factory set standard. If the tube drifts outside of this bias range, the processor will automatically shut down the affected channel after cycling thru a series of bias tests.
- Class A Design – All amplifiers are a full Class A design yielding the ultimate accuracy in music reproduction.
- Pentode Input Stage Utilizing 6SJ7 – This is an ultra low noise, high gain tube designed for high fidelity applications and has an internal shielding network. All of the overall gain is in this single stage. This significantly reduces phase distortion and yields a dynamic, stable soundstage with terrific dimensionality. We hand select these 6SJ7s using our in-house test equipment carefully evaluating them for gain, low noise and distortion free operation.
- Burn-In Process – Each amplifier undergoes a rigorous 100 burn-in prior to acceptance testing. This drives out any component infant mortality problems and ages each amplifier into it’s perfect listening range.
- Manufacturing Process – All amplifiers are built using our own Statistical Process Control manufacturing processes that yield better than a 99.8% first pass yield. This is better than the airline industry’s or hospitals’ safety record. The finished amplifier is 100% reliable, tested and guaranteed for a lifetime.
- Binding Posts – We use Furutech binding posts for the Corona design. These are solid copper posts milled from OFC copper billets and then Gold plated. They are simply the best the industry has to offer. All inputs are gold plated RCA connectors.
- Operating Modes – The Corona amplifier comes equipped with a triode-ultralinear mode switch for on the fly switching. This feature allows the listener to set the operating mode to affect sound stage and linearity of playback. This mode can be selected using the front panel controls or the App controls.
- Power Measurement System – Each amplifier has a tuned, power measurement system that allows for flawless system integration and adjustment. This power output is displayed on the linear front panel meters as well as the logarithmic meters included with the control App.
- Remote Control – While all of the Corona features are capable of being controlled from the amplifier front panel, all of the features as well as the output level telemetry are controllable from an IPHONE or IPAD app. The app is available on the Apple store and can be downloaded to either device. This super convenient feature allows for simultaneous control your music source or server (such as Roon or JRiver) and yet be also able to control your analog vacuum tube amplifier from the same panel! We have the only amplifiers available in the industry with this patent pending technology.
- Shipping – Each amplifier is shipped using a 2 box, double wall container system that has diecut, high density and low density foam. This shipping system is designed to withstand a drop on all 6 box sides from 3 feet and produce no amplifier damage. We have NEVER had an amplifier returned for shipping damage.
- Tube Interchangeability – The Corona series amplifier can use the KT88 or KT150 interchangeably. The power supply and grid bias network is robust enough to support either. We typically ship with the KT88 unless otherwise requested.
ALL ROGERS HIGH FIDELITY AMPLIFIERS ARE GUARANTEED FOR LIFE!
- Tube Complement: 2-6SJ7, 2-6SN7, 4-KT-88
- Frequency Response – +/- 0.1 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Power Output: Ultra Linear 100 Watts rms @ 1% THD, 150 Watts rms @ 3% THD, Triode Mode 80 Watts rms
- Gain: 35dB
- Input: 4 Unbalanced, 100k Ohm • Output: 2 ohm to 32 ohm
- Weight: 60 lbs.
- Dimensions: 17″ width, 14″ depth, 11.5″ height
- Ultra Linear/Triode mode selectable using iOS or front controls
- Transferable Lifetime Limited Warranty
- MSRP – CONTACT US!